The University of St. Thomas is proud to offer a welcoming, community-oriented campus to students from all around the world. Houston is an international city with a diversified economy, so it’s not surprising that UST has students representing over 50 different countries and 10% of our student population holds foreign citizenship. We aim to make the application for international students as easy as possible.
As the Freshmen International Admissions Counselor, I get a lot of questions about the application process and how to apply to the University. The University of St. Thomas has several different admission requirements for international students. To help you with our international student application form here are the steps you must take:
- 1. Submit a free UST application. Applying to the University of St. Thomas in Houston is quick and easy with our online application for international students.
- 2. Submit your official high school transcripts. If you attended a high school outside of the US, your transcript must be evaluated by an accredited agency. (If your high school is an accredited American curriculum school outside of the U.S., your transcript will need to be evaluated).
- 3. Submit your official test scores. International students may submit one of the following: SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE or ELS Level 112 Certificate of Completion.
- 4. Submit other necessary documents. If you are offered admission, you must then submit additional documents to obtain an I-20. Our Office of International Students and Scholar Services is a wonderful resource for international students on campus.
Of course, the international student application process may be different for each student depending on his or her particular situation. Contact your admissions counselor early to talk about your specific admissions requirements.
If possible, I always recommend students take the SAT or the ACT. By submitting scores for the SAT or ACT, you may be eligible for a merit-based scholarship.
UST welcomes all international students, our campus thrives with openness that transcends differences. We welcome diversity and provide a warm and supportive atmosphere for international students to gain an education.
Please visit our International Student Requirements page to see a list of transcript evaluation agencies and test score minimums. For questions about international transfer and graduate applications, please contact your admissions counselor.
Other Helpful Resources:
- How to Apply to UST in Just 5 Steps
- 6 High School Transcript Submission Tips
- 5 Tips for Submitting SAT, ACT Test Scores
- First-Generation Student: A Trailblazer and Bearer of Hope
Nikki Miller is a Freshman International Admissions Counselor at the University of St. Thomas. She earned a B.A. and M.A. in Sociology with an emphasis on community studies. Her education and travel experiences have given her an appreciation for learning and diversity, which can both be found at UST. She enjoys working with students and wants to ensure they have a successful college experience.