On October 18, University benefactors gathered at the Hotel Zaza Museum District for the Heart & Soul Dinner Celebrating Extraordinary Giving. The event honored the Major Giving Society and the Lillian & Stella Scanlan Society while recognizing Major Giving Society members who had reached a new level in their commitment to the University of St. Thomas.
To illustrate the profound impact of such giving, there was a special spotlight on the UST Athletics program, which has seen significant growth in recent years thanks to the generosity of several impactful donors and the support of the UST community.
About the Major Giving Society
The Major Giving Society recognizes philanthropists who have made major gift level contributions to the University of St. Thomas. Members of this prestigious Society generously support the UST mission to educate leaders of faith and character through gifts that fund scholarships, endowment, capital projects and operations. Thanks to their commitment to the Catholic intellectual tradition, the University continues to expand its ability to instill in our students the Basilian Fathers’ core values: goodness, discipline and knowledge.
About the Lillian & Stella Scanlan Society
Previously known as the Heritage Club, the Lillian & Stella Scanlan Society is made up of individuals and families that have chosen to make a planned gift to the University of St. Thomas through their estate plans, retirement and life insurance beneficiary designations, or by establishing an irrevocable gift.
Society of St. Thomas | $500,000+
- Ruth and Clarence Metzger
- Vivian L. Smith Foundation
Fr. Guinan Society | $250,000+
- Dr. John W. Clark, Jr. and Mrs. Betty Stovall (Kit) Clark
- Mr. and Mrs. George F. Goolsby
- George and Mary Josephine Hamman Foundation
- Lewis & Joan Lowenstein Foundation
- Taipei Economic & Cultural Office of Houston
- Mr. and Mrs. Don J. Wang
Fellows of UST | $100,000+
- Congregation of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament
- Ms. Shelley A. Grahmann ’02
- Mr. and Mrs. Clay H. Hoster
- Mr. Raymond K. Kwan ’92
- St. John Vianney Catholic Church
- James+ and Ewa Thompson
- Ms. Mei Wan Tong and Mr. Jerry Robinson
Society of St. Basil | $50,000+
- Ms. Leni Burrow
- Dr. Dorothy F. Caram
- Bob and Paula Clay / ’86
- Mr. and Mrs.+ Peter G. Doyle / ’70
- Mr. and Mrs. David Finan
- Mary Le and Arnold J. Johnson
- Marty and Bruce Lundstrom / ’99
- Archbishop J. Michael Miller, CSB
- Mr. and Mrs. Connelly T. McGreevy
- McGriff Insurance Services, Inc.
- Mr. Sebastian P. Musco+
- The Rita Somner Living Trust
- Mrs. Judith Rolke / MED ’90
- Mr. and Mrs. David H. Rude, Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael G. Scheurich, MBA ’99
- Mr. Aaron Stryk ’01
- Mr. and Mrs. Jim Tichenor
- Texas Medical Center
- Mr. And Mrs. Brian P. Wing
- Mr. and Mrs. Earl Zachry