The Donald S. Nesti Center for Faith & Culture will offer a Certificate Program in Family Life that is designed to help interested persons apply elements of a family perspective in their lives and ministries. This certificate program is for people who are currently employed – or considering careers – in ministry or in secular professions serving families: Teaching, medicine, social services, human resources, family law and many other fields.
The multi-dimensional program provides solid, vibrant, updated pastoral formation in family life, explicitly designed to be applied in today’s society and Church. The program is taught by high-level scholars and engaged practitioners who are passionate about ministering to families.
An approved offering in collaboration with the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston, the program admits leaders of all faiths.
“We welcome all people interested in deepening their understanding and skills in accompanying and serving families,” Fr. Binh Quach, director of the Nesti Center for Faith & Culture, said.
- All classes are geared to practical application in life and ministry.
- The program is offered in two tracks:
- an area of concentration in the Master of Arts in Faith and Culture, which is part of the existing master’s degree offered by the Center, and
- as a Certificate in Family Life, a non-degree track
- Graduates will be prepared to enter professional ministry or the helping professions with knowledge and skills, which strongly support them in their respective communities, employment or volunteerism, as they serve and support families.
- Classes will be offered in a hyflex (in-person and online) format.
It is possible to complete the program entirely online.
Applications are currently being accepted. Courses will be offered beginning in fall 2021 through UST and USTMAX in Conroe.
For more information or to enroll: visit stthom.edu/cfc or call 713-442-5066.